So, we are about half way through season 29 of Survivor: San Juan Del Sur (blood versus water) and I have an early prediction for the win. I know its Survivor and anything can happen- but my money is on the gay couple Reed and Josh.
The whole concept of blood versus water is the opposite of how life is in the real world. In the real world, there is no question that you would choose your loved one over your work mates. Unless you are John Rocker of course.
This season, exile island isn’t really a proper exile island as those exiled come back after only one night to join in on the group challenges. This means they still maintain contact with their team and it is a much less brutal experience.
It all seemed a bit pointless to me, until Natalie volunteered to go to exile island in order to form possible future alliances in the other team. Aha! So it’s all part of social part of the game hey?!
I’m finding the team names really hard to remember this season too. Can’t we just go simple and call them the blue and yellow teams?!
There has been a litany of dumbness so far and I think we may have some of the dumbest players we’ve had since the show began. There was a particularly dumb male alliance; and the brother’s (Drew and Alec) are as dumb as each other.
Dumb actions of season 29 so far include:
- Eating almost all your rice too early
- Lack of credibility
- Making allies too soon
- Admitting background strategy in front of everyone
- Being overheard whilst strategising
- Sharing your clue to where the idol is hidden
- Admitting you have an idol
- Hiding said idol instead of keeping it on you at all times
- Being voted out without playing your idol
- Being blindsided
- Letting the rain get to you
- Letting your team sit you out of challenges and by doing so put you on the bottom of the pecking order
- Letting people push your buttons
- Trading flint for fishing gear
- Playing too big too soon
- Throwing immunity challenges
- Not looking disappointed enough after throwing said challenge
- Not picking up that the challenge was thrown
- Being too obvious in the timing of your apology
- Not negotiating within your alliance and by doing so, creating the all girl alliance that you were scared of in the first place- just agree on a person- it doesn’t matter as long as it isn’t you!
I mean really, these are Survivor basics people!
Some of the players are even dumb enough to think that host Jeff is their friend that will make silly trades to help teams out. Come on guys, have you even watched the show before?!
Yep, Reed and Josh are going to kill it, especially with their newly formed tribe full of single straight women.
John and Jacelyn seem to be the power couple in the other tribe. It was smart of them to couple up with another couple and not pick who was nicer, but who was better for them to go further in the game.
And a final thought, it seems that the best game play of all is to go against all instincts and not protect your child. Real life it is not, but entertaining reality television it is.