- I used to have lists and must do everything. I have learnt that going off the list brings nice alternative surprises.
2. I used to think the place was the most important thing. I have learnt that it’s sometimes the people that make the place.
3. I used to think that what you ate when you travelled was unimportant. I have learnt that food is a big part of travelling and often what triggers your memories more than anything else.
4. I used to think that souvenirs were the most important things to gather. I have learnt that photos and memories are much more precious.
5. I used to think travelling solo was the best way to go. I have learnt that travel is nicer when you have someone to share the memories with after the trip.
6. I used to trust what other people said about a place. I have learnt that you can’t trust what people say about a place- you have to go and see for yourself.
7. I used to think that places constantly changed. I have learnt that the more a place changes, the more it stays the same.
8. I used to think once you have been to a place there was no need to go back. I have learnt that there’s always somewhere new to go, even in places where you have been before.
9. I used to think you could go back to a place and it would be just as good as the first time you went. I have learnt that you can go back to a place, but never back in time.
10. I used to think that all places in the world were different. I have learnt that inevitably some places remind you of other places.
Most of all, I have learnt that the world is a beautiful, magical and amazing place and to enjoy its best to stay positive.
Or perhaps I knew this all along.